Liposuction is one of the most popular and preferred cosmetic surgery used for reducing your excess fat. Surgeons remove your fat deposits from your abdomen, hips, arms, buttocks, calves, or chin and neck using certain techniques such as cool-sculpting, laser-assisted liposuction, ultrasound-assisted liposuction, tumescent liposuction, or power-assisted liposuction.
Surgeons can use different techniques to remove your excess fat, but in every technique, surgeons use making a small incision in your body to disrupt fat cells and using a suction-enabled device called a cannula to remove fat.
These cuts after a liposuction procedure are usually small, but you may still want these cuts and wounds to appear smaller. There are some methods to minimize your scars that occurred after liposuction.
- Silicone gel sheets and silicone gels are the treatment methods that you can use at home easily. When you use them regularly and apply them according to instructions, it will reduce the appearance of your scars.
- A chemical peel is not one of the at-home treatment ways. You need to see a dermatologist to undergo a chemical peel method. Dermatologists use chemical peels to remove layers of scar tissue from your skin. You may experience redness after this method.
- Cryotherapy is used in hypertonic and keloid scars. This procedure pierces the scar tissue and freezes it with nitrogen gas from the inside out. The scar then “releases” from the healthy skin tissue surrounding it.
- In laser therapy, a laser heats the scar tissue while warning healthy cell growth around the area.
- You should prefer scar removal surgery only for severe, highly visible scarring that makes you feel self-conscious.
The Bottom line is some small scars may appear after liposuction surgeries. There are many methods to reduce the scars that appear after a liposuction procedure. You can choose and apply any of these techniques that we mentioned above with your dermatologist.